How many homeowners know what is covered by their home insurance? A Peril is a specific event that could cause damage or losses to your home or property. For example, a fire is a peril. Let’s get into what perils are covered by home insurance now that we are all insurance experts.
- Fire and smoke damage
- Weather-related damage, such as wind or hail damage
- Water damage from internal sources, not from weather-related flooding
- Theft of personal property
- Damage caused by snow or ice on the roof
- Damage from civil disturbances, such as riots
- Damage caused by motor vehicles or aircraft
There are some exceptions to be aware of that require separate policies.
Additionally, sub-limits are placed on certain categories of personal property like jewelry, fine arts, and firearms.
Do you have more questions about your home insurance policy? Reach out to our agency and request a quote!